[vtkusers] drawing bounding boxes as 3d solids

Philip Winston pwinston at gmail.com
Thu Nov 3 07:58:34 EDT 2011

What I'm doing so far is creating a vtkPolyData from the bounding boxes, 12
triangles per box.  This works okay but there are probably a lot of
interior triangles not contributing to the outter surface.

I'm wondering about two other approaches:
1) How to take my mesh and decimate it down to something lighter, but
preserving the outter surface exactly
2) Instead of making a mesh make a point could then compute some kind of
surface on the fly.

Any pointers on either of these is welcome.

-Philip