[vtkusers] Qt, VTK, missing .lib files

mollier mollier at gmail.com
Thu Nov 3 04:26:27 EDT 2011

Hi,

I'm totally new to VTK and quite new to Qt.
I've followed tutorials and managed to build VTK using mingw32-make.
In the Qt .pro file, I've used INCLUDEPATH to include paths to the necessary
header files.
The tutorial I'm following then says to add library files in the following
manner:

LIBS    += -L/usr/local/lib/vtk-5.4 -lvtkCommon -lvtksys -lQVTK -lvtkQtChart
... (adds many more) .

If I search my vtk folder for *.lib files, I find none. If I on the other
hand search for, say, vtkCommon, I find it as a .dll file. Do I need to
somehow convert these dll's to lib files before using them?

Thank you.