[vtkusers] vtkChartXY: How to catch mouse click events, user interaction? (VTK 5.8.0)

Natalie natis261270 at yahoo.com
Wed Nov 2 14:34:29 EDT 2011

Hi Marcus,

thanks a lot for your reply.
After a long search for the correct class, I found out that I need to
subclass vtkContextInteractorStyle.

However, in the constructor of vtkContextView the instance is created. The
following lines are from the constructor:

 vtkContextInteractorStyle* style = vtkContextInteractorStyle::New();
  style->SetScene(this->Scene);
  this->GetInteractor()->SetInteractorStyle(style);

Probably, I also need to subclass the vtkContextView and change the
constructor. A little too complicated I thought. I still hope that there is
an easier way.
I am looking forward to more ideas :-)
Natalie