[vtkusers] Hardware Accelerated Offscreen Rendering without X-server

David Warne david.warne at qut.edu.au
Wed Mar 30 23:30:27 EDT 2011

Hi all vtk guru's,

I am trying find out the bast way to get hardware accelerated offsrceen rendering without connecting to a X-server. everything I have looked at on the net keeps going on about mangled mesa (which is not supported for vtk >= 5.2) I am using vtk 5.6.

I am currently trying to force vtk 5.6 to compile with mangled mesa, but I am pretty sure I'll end up breaking stuff as I am editing some of the vtk source (which is not ideal).

Any advice guys? I just want Offscreen HW acceleration with no x-server needed (btw its for running on an SGI altix platform)

I the mean time I'll keep try to make it work... I just figure there would be a better way... just seems all the signposts point be to really old vtk versions

Dave

David Warne,

DEPT: HPC & Research Support (QUT)
OFFICE: V720