[vtkusers] Polylines intersect circle

Reicht Ignaz i.reicht at Dkfz-Heidelberg.de
Tue Mar 29 06:06:12 EDT 2011

Hi guys,

Could somebody give me some advise how to manage a task containing vtkPolyLines and a Circle (vtkPolygonSource).
I have several polylines and a circle and my aim is to figure out which polylines are going through the circle.

As far as I could see there exist many approaches for that, ie vtkcollissiondetection, vtkcutting, vtkSpatialRepresentationFilter. In my case I am dealing with 30.000 polylines therefore a fast "intersection-detection" would be appreciated. Any suggestions doing that?

In addition to identify which polyline goes through the circle probably each polyline has to be labeled somehow?

thanks in advise
iggy