[vtkusers] java memory

Jonathan Morra jonmorra at gmail.com
Mon Mar 28 20:05:38 EDT 2011

OK, can you explain what you mean by Java reference count?  Here's some
example code that doesn't seem to be working well.  Every time I run it I
seem to accumulate memory I don't want.  Also, I'm using
vtkJavaGarbageCollector

        vtkLinearExtrusionFilter extruder = new vtkLinearExtrusionFilter();
        extruder.SetInput(data);
        extruder.Update();
        vtkPolyData extruderOutput = extruder.GetOutput();

        vtkPolyDataToImageStencil pol2Stenc = new
vtkPolyDataToImageStencil();
        pol2Stenc.SetTolerance(0);
        pol2Stenc.SetInput(extruderOutput);
        pol2Stenc.SetInformationInput(binaryOrgan);
        pol2Stenc.Update();
        vtkImageStencilData pol2StencOutput = pol2Stenc.GetOutput();

        vtkImageStencil stencil = new vtkImageStencil();
        stencil.SetInput(binaryOrgan);
        stencil.ReverseStencilOn();
        stencil.SetStencil(pol2StencOutput);
        stencil.Update();
        final vtkImageData stencilOutput = stencil.GetOutput();

            return stencilOutput;