[vtkusers] Build Errors

David Partyka david.partyka at kitware.com
Mon Mar 28 16:02:36 EDT 2011

Hi Rupinder,

You need the entire source tree not just the CMakeLists.txt to be in your
source directory.

What you should do is untar the vtk source into a directory, for example
VTK. Adjacent to that directory create a build tree, VTK-build. Then in
VTK-build run ccmake, passing it the source tree path as an argument. for
example.

tar -zxvf vtk-5.6.1.tar.gz VTK
mkdir VTK-build
cd VTK-build