[vtkusers] How to bring an object to the coordinate's origin

nuno.jf nunofernandes7 at gmail.com
Mon Mar 28 08:09:51 EDT 2011

http://vtk.1045678.n5.nabble.com/file/n4267486/1st_good_result.vtk
1st_good_result.vtk
Hi David,

I attached here my first good result, using your implementation of ICP. Once
again, thank you very much!
As I will need to write about this version of ICP in my work for college,
could you please explain me the SetTooFarThreshold function? I know that, by
using this function, the points that are too far away will not be considered
to the alignment of the point clouds. My questions are:
#1. The points that are too far away from what? (Is it from the initial
position of the point cloud?)
#2. This threshold is measured in points? I mean, if I set the threshold to
the value 100, this means that all the points that are 100 (points?) away
from (each point/points) will not be considered?
#3. As I will need to write a paragraph about this implementation, what
authors should I mention?

I will soon post my code here. It might help someone.
Best regards,
Nuno