[vtkusers] VtkProbeFilter question

rakesh patil prakeshofficial at gmail.com
Fri Mar 25 09:19:09 EDT 2011

Hi,

This is in regards with the interpolation of the data. I have one
unstructured grid which stores the information of a finite elemental mesh.
And one polydata coming from vtkDelaunay2D object. This polydata is being
assinged some scalar values. Using these scalars information, I need to
estimate the scalar values for the mesh point (Points in unstructured gird).
I make use of vtkProbeFilter class. Here goes my code.

vtkSmartPointer<vtkUnstructuredGrid> meshGrid =
vtkSmartPointer<vtkUnstructuredGrid>::New();
...  /* Assign points and cells to the mesh*/

vtkSmartPointer<vtkPolyData> scatterDataGrid = del2D->GetOutput();

vtkSmartPointer<vtkProbeFilter> prb =
vtkSmartPointer<vtkProbeFilter>::New();
prb->SetInput(meshGrid);
prb->SetSource(scatterDataGrid);
prb->Update();

My questions are,
1) Is my code correct?
2) If it is correct, how can I get the interpolated scalar values for the
meshGrid points?

Thanks in advance

Regards
Rakesh Patil