[vtkusers] Pick points on all polygon surfaces

David Gobbi david.gobbi at gmail.com
Thu Mar 24 23:15:09 EDT 2011

On Thu, Mar 24, 2011 at 8:59 PM, zlf <jxdw_zlf at yahoo.com.cn> wrote:

> Hi
>
> I just tried vtkCellPicker#GetPickedPositions.
>
> But in the result, usually, it only returns one point (There should be two
> points since the surface is closed). The point returned is on the surface.
>
> In other times, it returns more than one point, the first point is on the
> surface. While the other points are not on the surface at all.

After sending my email, I had the same thought i.e. that you might need
more than one point.  Some of the cell locators can do that, but they
are not as easy to use as a picker.  Take a look at the
vtkOBBTree::IntersectWithLine() method, on of the signatures can return
a list of points for all intersections with a data set.

 - David