[vtkusers] How to bring an object to the coordinate's origin

David Doria daviddoria at gmail.com
Thu Mar 24 08:47:17 EDT 2011

On Thu, Mar 24, 2011 at 8:39 AM, nuno.jf <nunofernandes7 at gmail.com> wrote:
> Nop. It didn't solve the problem. I am trying for over one month to align
> some point clouds I have, but I never have success. I simply don't know what
> to do. Even with a good initial approach ICP isn't capable of correctly
> aligning the point clouds =/

I suggest making some very simple point sets to make sure you
understand that you are doing everything correctly:
http://www.vtk.org/Wiki/VTK/Examples/Cxx/Filters/IterativeClosestPointsTransform

Then when you use your real point sets, you will know the algorithm is
failing rather than just thinking you are doing something incorrectly.

David