[vtkusers] Using vtk with Wish85

Chris Volpe ARA/SED cvolpe at ara.com
Wed Mar 23 16:24:22 EDT 2011

I've built vtk from source on WinXP and I have the vtk.exe executable that incorporates Tcl/Tk. Nevertheless, I'd like to be able to use the Wish85.exe shell for running vtk scripts. I have my TCLLIBPATH environment variable set to the Wrapping/Tcl/vtk folder within my build folder, and my vtk DLLs are in my PATH. Yet, when I type "package require vtk", it keeps saying "can't find package vtk". I presume I'm missing something simple. I've tried multiple variants of TCLLIBPATH (forward/backward slashes, with or without the slash on the end) to no avail. Do others still use Wish85?

Thanks,

Chris
--
Christopher R. Volpe, Ph.D.                                                           Email: cvolpe at ara.com<mailto:cvolpe at ara.com>
Senior Scientist, Information Exploitation Systems             Main Desk: 919-582-3300