[vtkusers] vtk to OpenFoam (or something else that can reach after OpenFoam)

cristina crysgirlro at yahoo.com
Tue Mar 22 09:52:33 EDT 2011

Hi,

I have a vtk file - unstructered grid type (with points and cells - so a
mesh) and I want to do a simulation with OpenFoam - but no idea how to
change the .vtk file in .OpenFoam file - I tryed many ways, but is to
complicated. Last time I tried to obtain .stl from .vtk with vtkSTLWriter
and after that I would change .stl in gambit to OpenFoam. But it seems to me
that I can't write the unstructured grid to a .stl file (it requires
vtkPolyData and I see I can't obtain this - it pass the compilation step but
it has problems at running).

Cristina