[vtkusers] Reset vtkActor rotation?

Vinicius Rogério Araujo Silva vinicius.ras at gmail.com
Tue Mar 22 02:21:54 EDT 2011

Hi all,

I've made a rotation to a vtkActor like that:

myActor->RotateWXYZ(45,1,0,0);

After it has been rotated, seems the subsequent rotations are applied over
the current rotation angle.
How do I reset the rotation of my actor to the default value?

What I want to do is to allow the user to define an angle and make the actor
rotate from its original position to that angle.
But it seems that the angles are acumulating. Like, if the user enters 45
degrees, the actor rotates 45 degrees.
But then, if the user types, let's say, 30, it seems the angles are summed
and the actor gets a 75 degrees rotation.
How to solve that?

Thanks.