[vtkusers] [Insight-users] Reduce the number of control points in vtkContourWidget

John Drescher drescherjm at gmail.com
Mon Mar 21 14:27:59 EDT 2011

> It works, but after decimation, the control points are not evenly
> distributed, which causes the change of the contour shape due to no control
> points at that part. So my question is how to make the points to be
> distributed evenly after decimation?

I experienced the same with the decimation for my usage (editing the
segmentation result for lungct). So I ended up using the node
reduction technique in the following example that Kent Williams (on
this list from time to time) worked on:
http://www.nitrc.org/projects/brainstracer/

The method is basically pulling out a node 1 by one and determining
the change in area of the filled polygon caused by the node removal.

John