[vtkusers] loading dll's of vtk into Tcl

Shen-Yeh Chen shenyeh_chen at hotmail.com
Sun Mar 20 06:55:36 EDT 2011

Hello everyone,

I have a customized version of tcl shell, and I need to incorporate vtk into my tcl. I have managed to get the DLL's (release with debug info) by cmake and vtk5.6.1 source.

However, what should I do to install these dll's into my tcl shell ?  what should I do with the directories structure, packages, etc ?

I have search through the database and the web, and tried many different suggestions (for example, this one http://www.vtk.org/pipermail/vtkusers/2003-June/068032.html).  However none of them works for me.

Just wondering if there is any suggestion or more detailed instruction there ?  I am really new to vtk and the compilation really took me a while (but at least I got it).

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

By the way, in my tcl shell, I load tk.dll to get the capability of vtk. I am not sure if this conflicts with vtk.

Regards

S-Y. Chen