[vtkusers] Installing VTK, 'vtkHybrid.lib' error

Sameer Zaheer bless.sins at gmail.com
Thu Mar 17 08:12:15 EDT 2011

Hi David,

Thanks for your reply. I tried that, and it builds on most instances, but
fails on 7 instances. Examples of the errors I get for failures are:

vtkCommonInstantiator.cxx(419): error C2491: 'vtkCommonInstantiator::Count'
: definition of dllimport static data member not allowed

vtkFilteringInstantiator.cxx(476): error C2491:
'vtkFilteringInstantiator::Count' : definition of dllimport static data
member not allowed

vtkImagingInstantiator.cxx(356): error C2491:
'vtkImagingInstantiator::Count' : definition of dllimport static data member
not allowed

vtkIOInstantiator.cxx(458): error C2491: 'vtkIOInstantiator::Count' :
definition of dllimport static data member not allowed

For one of the failures I also got the following error:

d:\vtk_5.4\hybrid\vtkExodusIIReaderPrivate.h(10): fatal error C1083: Cannot
open include file: 'vtkMultiProcessController.h': No such file or directory

Upon checking, I did find the file located in D:\VTK_5.4\Parallel .

Any thoughts?

Thanks,
Sameer