[vtkusers] Parallel VTK file format with multiple levels

8gpus xunlei at renci.org
Tue Mar 15 09:47:36 EDT 2011

Hi,
I would like to use .pvtu to represent a multi-level unstructured grid by
stating
===level 1 PVTU===

===level 0 PVTU (energy_1.0/nsp.pvtu)===

After constructing these PVTU's and VTU's, I opened the level 1 PVTU and got
below errors:
ERROR: In ..\..\..\ParaViewSrc\VTK\IO\vtkXMLPDataReader.cxx, line 364
vtkXMLPUnstructuredGridReader (00000000055D5860): File for piece 0 cannot be
read.

Note loading level 0 PVTU's and individual VTU's are of no error in
ParaView. Did I miss anything? I could not find an example showing
multi-level parallel VTK data construction. Would you please help? Thanks a
lot.

Best,
8gpus