[vtkusers] Why is vtkImageIterator EndOfSlicePointer not available?

Georg Ziegler gziegler at mail.zserv.tuwien.ac.at
Mon Mar 14 12:27:42 EDT 2011

Hello!
I'm developing an Image Filter that processes each z-slice of a
vtkImageData differently.
I would like to use vtkImageIterator but it cannot tell me when the end
of a slice is reached (only end of span).
Only BeginSpan() and EndSpan() are public.

Is there a reason why there is no EndSlice() function?
The class has a protected reference to SliceEndPointer so I guess it
would be simple to make it available.

I know there is the workaround of counting spans and/or pixels, which I
have used so far, but it seems cumbersome.

Regards,
Georg