[vtkusers] Writing two or more actors to the same vtp file

David Doria daviddoria at gmail.com
Mon Mar 14 11:24:28 EDT 2011

On Mon, Mar 14, 2011 at 8:26 AM, Avi Sengupta
<avinandan.sengupta at gmail.com>wrote:

> I would like to serialize two or more vtkActors to the same .vtp file. I do
> not want to use a vtkPolyDataAppender as it does not allow me to have actor
> specific properties (color, opacity, etc.)
> Is there a way that this can be done?
>
> Thanks
> Avi

You cannot write actors to a vtp file. You can only write polydata objects
(which you created the actors from) to the file. You would have to actually
apply the properties to the polydata before appending them and writing them
to the file.

See this example:
http://www.vtk.org/Wiki/VTK/Examples/Cxx/PolyData/ColoredPoints

David