[vtkusers] Reading DICOMDIR

Jothy jothybasu at gmail.com
Mon Mar 14 10:37:40 EDT 2011

Here is the code which works for me!

QString imageDirName=QFileDialog::getExistingDirectory();
 vtkSmartPointer <vtkDICOMImageReader>imgReader=
  vtkSmartPointer<vtkDICOMImageReader>::New();
    imgReader->SetDirectoryName(imageDirName.toLatin1());
    imgReader->Update();

I use Qt. Make sure you have only dicom image files in the dir you are
reading.I really don't understand what you mean by "a dicomdir file
format not dicom directory".

HTH

Jothy