[vtkusers] Avoid highlighting of picked vertices in a graph

Jeff Baumes jeff.baumes at kitware.com
Tue Mar 8 14:42:29 EST 2011

On Mon, Mar 7, 2011 at 8:32 AM, Steffen Oeltze <
stoeltze at isg.cs.uni-magdeburg.de> wrote:

> Dear VTK users,
>
> I am using a VTKGraphLayoutView to display a graph. The user may select
> individual vertices and other linked views shall be updated accordingly.
> Now, I would like to offer different kinds of selections, e.g., "Include
> this vertex", "Do not include this vertex",..., and colorize the vertex
> according to the selection type. I set up a point lookup table and change
> its values accordingly. Although this works in principle, the color of a
> currently selected vertex gets overwritten (on the screen) by the
> picking/highlighting color. Is there a way to avoid this?

Unfortunately, no. You can change the selection color using the view theme,
but cannot disable it. Internally vtkGraphLayoutView uses vtkApplyColors,
which does not appear to have that capability:

http://www.vtk.org/doc/nightly/html/classvtkApplyColors.html

An option could be to add a flag to vtkApplyColors to turn off selection
coloring, then exposing that parameter to vtkGraphLayoutView.

Jeff