[vtkusers] new VTK releases?

Steven Chall stevec at renci.org
Tue Mar 8 13:02:48 EST 2011

David,
That's exciting news.  Thank you.

-Steve

From: David Partyka [mailto:david.partyka at kitware.com]
Sent: Tuesday, March 08, 2011 12:08 PM
To: Steven Chall
Cc: vtkusers at vtk.org
Subject: Re: [vtkusers] new VTK releases?

Sorry to be vague, It will be out soon. On the order of days not weeks.
On Tue, Mar 8, 2011 at 11:02 AM, Steven Chall <stevec at renci.org<mailto:stevec at renci.org>> wrote:

Any news on upcoming releases of VTK?  I see tantalizing hints, such as http://www.vtk.org/Wiki/VTK/Release580_New_Classes, and even http://www.vtk.org/doc/nightly/html/, the title of which is "VTK 5.9.0 Documentation."  There's also a message to vtk-developers dated 2011/02/10 from david.partyka at kitware.com<http://kitware.com> that says "VTK 5.8 will be out soon."  I've heard informally that 5.8 will come with some enhancements I'm particularly interested in, such as additional and more dependable functionality in vtkChartXY.  Thanks for any new info.

Steve

-Steve Chall
 Senior Research Software Developer
 Renaissance Computing Institute (RENCI)