[vtkusers] vtkRenderWindowInteractor initialization creates new Window on Suse Linux

Peter Eipert eipert at web.de
Tue Mar 8 08:49:21 EST 2011

Hello

I use VTK 5.6.1 with Java wrappings and I want to show coord axes on a
fixed screen position. Therefor I use the vtkOrientationMarkerWidget.

Under Windows this is no Problem but under Linux (Suse 11.2 both 32 and
64bit) the initialization of a vtkRenderWindowInteractor leads to a new
VTK-Window with title "Visualization Toolkit - OpenGL".
Is this intended or a bug? And how can I avoid this.

I tried
GetRenderWindow().MakeRenderWindowInteractor()
and also
new vtkRenderWindowInteractor()

Both leads to a new window with the 3D - Visualization and my vtkPanel
stays empty.

Thanks in advance
Peter