[vtkusers] Initialize a vtkContourWidget from vtkContourFilter

Xiaopeng Yang yxp233 at postech.ac.kr
Mon Mar 7 20:10:35 EST 2011

Hello all,

I am trying to initialize a vtkContourWidget from vtkContourFilter. But the
initialized vtkContourWidget is out of order. I think it is because of the
poor quality of the polydata I defined from the contour.  Could you provide
any idea how to get good polydata? Thanks in advance!

Here is my code:

vtkExtractVOI * extract = vtkExtractVOI::New();

extract->SetInput(connector2->GetOutput());

extract->SetVOI(0,512,0,512,101,101);

vtkContourFilter * contour = vtkContourFilter::New();

contour->SetInput( connector2->GetOutput() );

contour->SetValue(0, 128);

vtkStripper *stripper = vtkStripper::New();

stripper->SetInput(contour->GetOutput());

stripper->Update();

vtkPolyData * testPoly = vtkPolyData::New();

testPoly->SetPoints(stripper->GetOutput()->GetPoints());

vtkOrientedGlyphContourRepresentation *contourRep =
vtkOrientedGlyphContourRepresentation::New();

vtkContourWidget *contourWidget = vtkContourWidget::New();

contourWidget->SetInteractor(iren);

contourWidget->SetRepresentation(contourRep);

contourWidget->On();

contourWidget->Initialize(orderedPolyData);

contourWidget->Render();

Best,

Yang