[vtkusers] truncated cone as a polydata

vlibertiaux vlibertiaux at gmail.com
Mon Mar 7 18:25:48 EST 2011

Hello everyone,

I wonder is there is a *fast* way to produce a truncated cone as a polydata.
The only way I can imagine to do this is to define a vtkConeSource and clip
it with a vtkClipPolyData which needs to be defined through a
vtkImplicitFunction.  In my algorithm (sampling of a volume with a truncated
cone), I would have to recompute the truncated cone 100,000 of times (the
direction will change at each step), which will be, I assume, time
consuming.

Is there any mean to produce such a polydata truncated cone ?

Thank you very much for your help,

V.