[vtkusers] Concept for edting segmented mask images

Xiaopeng Yang yxp233 at postech.ac.kr
Sun Mar 6 21:31:38 EST 2011

Dear Users,

I utilized itk segmentation algorithm to extract the liver from CT images.
The results are a series of binary images (mask images). For editing the
binary images, for example deleting some part, I have an idea as follows.

First, generating boundary contours from binary images.

Second, changing the shape of the contours.

Finally, generating mask images from the edited contours.

Could you tell me whether this idea is feasible or not? If not, please give
me better ideas.

Thanks,

Yang