[vtkusers] reorder points in 3D space.

ahmedmaalej ahmed.supcom at hotmail.com
Sun Mar 6 05:44:28 EST 2011

Does any one know some filter in vtk that permits to reorder 3D points.
I use a vtkcutter to get open curves from 3D surface then a vtkstripper to
connect ligne segments from the cutter (which doesn't produce continuous
polylines all the time especially it happenswhen the line is not closed)
then a vtkSplineFilter to resample the stripper. At the end I use
vtkMaskPoints to downsample the points from the vtkSplineFilter output (in
order to get a fixed number of points).
But the problem is that in some open curves the points are unordered. How
can I get the correct order in the 3d space, is there some sorting technique
to get points in the correct order with fixing the starting point?
Thanks.