[vtkusers] Multiple view of the same object

David Doria daviddoria at gmail.com
Fri Mar 4 09:13:23 EST 2011

On Fri, Mar 4, 2011 at 8:58 AM, nsarrasin <nsarrasin at phenix-systems.com> wrote:
> Thanks for your reply David,
>
> But with your solution, all my renderers will share the same view.
>
> What I want is to, at first, display the polydata in the three main views :
> Oxz, Oyz, Oxy
> (ie focal point = (0,0,0) and position are (1,0,0), (0,1,0) , (0,0,1)) and
> then, keep those three directions orthogonal as I modify one view.

Ah of course, my mistake. You could subclass the interactor style
http://www.vtk.org/Wiki/VTK/Examples/Cxx/Interaction/MouseEvents

and then apply a transformation to each viewport's camera based on the
one that was changed. For example, say you have to viewports called
"front" and "side". If the user interacts with the object in "front",
at the end of the interaction you could apply a "set the "side" camera
to the "front" camera rotated by 90 degrees".

Maybe there is a better way to do this? I'll let the experts chime in.

David