[vtkusers] vtkNDITracker, Polaris Tracking Devices

David Gobbi david.gobbi at gmail.com
Thu Mar 3 09:44:08 EST 2011

Hi Lai,

Right now, I know of three places where the vtkNDITracker can be found
on the internet.

This is my official repository for the code, though it is stagnant until
the day when I finally have time to start working on it again:
http://github.com/dgobbi/AIGS

This is the copy that exists in the IGSTK sandbox (since the IGSTK
code for the Polaris and Aurora was originally based on vtkNDITracker):
http://public.kitware.com/cgi-bin/viewcvs.cgi/Utilities/Atamai/?root=IGSTKSandbox

Finally, this is the SynchroGrab paper, which is from the last time that
I was actively working with the tracking code.  Unfortunately SynchroGrab
depends on proprietary 3rd party libraries from Ultrasonix and Northern Digital
and would need cleaning up to remove these dependencies:
http://hdl.handle.net/10380/1459

Unfortunately, apart from SynchroGrab there is not much that I can provide
as an example.  All the other examples that I have are equally complex.
There have been several other people who have used vtkNDITracker over
the years, so hopefully one of them will step forward and provide something.

 - David