[vtkusers] vtkNDITracker, Polaris Tracking Devices

khinwee khinwee at yahoo.com
Thu Mar 3 06:43:01 EST 2011

Hi All VTK users,

i have a question regarding vtk. I am trying to reconstruct 3D ultrasound
images from a series of 2D images,and i have a Polaris Optical tracking
devices working together with the ultrasound machine while recording the 2D
image slices. My idea is to synchronize the position orientation with each
of the recording 2D images, before further reconstruct into 3D. I have my
own coding to reconstruct into 3D images successfully. So my next steps is
making vtk working together with tracking devices (for example Polaris
Optical devices).

I realize that there are a class vtkNDITracker.cxx from VTK. Anyone here
having the examples how to use this class communicate with Tracking Devices
(Polaris, or Polhemus, or other tracking devices)? Let say i have
vtkNDITracker.Cxx and vtkNDITracker.h in hand already, but i dont know how
to make it work with the tracking devices. It is better to have the main
program examples for me to refer and calling these class special class.

The only examples available online are all related to IGSTK. I cannot found
any vtk examples on tracking devices in this forum. Please advise me, any
help or suggestion are much appreciated. I stuck in this problem for a long
time already. Thank you very much.

cheers
lai