[vtkusers] marching cubes: scalar values equal to isovalue

Eduardo Suarez-Santana esuarez at itccanarias.org
Tue Mar 1 11:24:53 EST 2011

Let's say I'm running marching cubes with isovalue equals one, and there
is a cell with cero value in every vertex but in three of them in the
same face, with value one again.

As I understand, I would get just a triangle in that face for this cell,
with vertices identical to the cell vertices. Then, in the adjacent
cell, I would also get the same triangle for that face.

So that, I get two identical triangles which enclose no volume at all.

This is hapenning to me, and so that I get some ugly 'prickles' in my
surface.

Is there a way to avoid that?

Thanks in advance,
-Eduardo