[vtkusers] Visualizing multiple isosurfaces using vtkContourFilter

Christian Lackas lackas at invicro.com
Tue Mar 1 04:26:45 EST 2011

* Thommen Korah <thkorah at hotmail.com> [110301 01:25]:

Hi Thommen,

> I noticed your thread where you were trying to do the same. Similar to
> your example, I ended up calling generateValues to create N contours
> and mapped it to colors in a lookup table. Thanks for your example.

glad to hear it helped somebody else, also.

> While this method works correctly for a 125x125x50 volume, a larger
> 312x312x300 volume of short int causes a segmentation fault in
> vtkDiscreteMarchingCubesComputeGradient().

The volumes I have worked with can easily be larger than your example,
however, I typically only have 5-10 ROIs.
Did you look at the segfault in a debugger already (e.g. is this a
memory issue or a floating point exception, etc...)? Have you tried
turning off computation of gradients?

It could also help if you can show your code preferably with an example
dataset.

Christian

--
http://www.invicro.com/