[vtkusers] Implementing user ImageAlgorithm in Java - impossible?

EvilMax maxim.privalov at gmail.com
Wed Jun 1 17:53:20 EDT 2011

Thank you for wrapping answer!

After implementing some algorithms I actually prefer writing computationally
and data read/write intensive algorithms in C++, wrap them and then use in
Desktop/GUI apps written in Java, so Java code contains only VTK pipeline
configuration.

About wrapping I mean something other - pass/return types restrictions. For
example, I found that method that gets not fixed-length array but scalar
type pointer (void foo(int* a, int length) ) is not wrapped - it is absent
in *.java output. This forced me to use always pointer to vtkDataArray
object which could result in some not desired array copying (one to data
array class, in Java, other - to required class in pipeline). And there are
also some other allowed argumets/return types restrictions.  I've also found
that 'hints' file is somehow involved, but did not completely understand its
purpose and structure. So need some pointers to docs for writing C++ code
that will be wrapped in Java as expected.