[vtkusers] How to install vtk python binding?

jin jian csjinjian at gmail.com
Sun Jul 24 10:01:42 EDT 2011

Hi,

I want to install vtk python binding from vtk source code. I have tried with
cmake. After about 2 hours configure and compiling, I can't find any python
related files in the compiled results.

I noticed someone has mentioned about  installing python binding with the
command line "python setup.py ...". But I only found setup.py.in under the
folder Wrapping\Python. In this file, there are many symbols such as
@VTK_PYTHON_USE_RENDERING@, I don't know how to run this script.

How can I install the python binding? Thanks in advanced.

By the way, I can't search the archieves. After I input the query and click
the button, there are no respond.

bucher