[vtkusers] writing vector-data to ExodusII file

wusal tanja.etzelstorfer at jku.at
Wed Jan 26 10:18:40 EST 2011

I figured out, that it has something to do with the time step.
If I open the vtk-file in ParaView and safe the same file as ExodusII-file
with the option "Write all time steps" the file is written correctly (with
all vector- and scalar-data).

So I tried to set the option WriteAllTimeStepsOn() as well in my programm:

... initializing vtkExodusIIWriter ...

writer.WriteAllTimeStepsOn()
writer.Write()

which gives the following error:

ERROR: In /build/buildd/vtk-5.4.2/Parallel/vtkExodusIIWriter.cxx, line 2734
vtkExodusIIWriter (0xa7f5380): vtkExodusIIWriter::WriteNextTimeStep time
step values

ERROR: In /build/buildd/vtk-5.4.2/Parallel/vtkExodusIIWriter.cxx, line 273
vtkExodusIIWriter (0xa7f5380): vtkExodusIIWriter::WriteData result

Any idea how to set the time step values correctly or something like that?

Thanks for your help!
Tanja