[vtkusers] Normals non generated when using SuperQuadricSource

Laurent l.paul at uclouvain.be
Wed Jan 12 08:34:01 EST 2011

Hi all!

I have a strange behavior from SuperQuadricSource...
I had a problem with normals that were not generated. I used this pipeline:
SuperQuadricSource->TransformPolyData->CleanPolyData->TriangleFilter->PolyDataNormals

The resulting PolyData (saved in STL format) was considered as a low quality
mesh by some softwares and I noticed that some normals were not
generated....
I saved temp stl files and saw that the issue comes from SuperQuadricSource
(followed by trianglFilter to save STL file).
I changed the Phi and Theta resolution and the issue has been solved!!!!
I was using a resolution of 50 for both theta and Phi. I changed it by 40
and works. What a strange behavior.
Is it a bug? Is there a ration resolution/size of the Source?

Thanks for your enlight me.
Laurent.