[vtkusers] performance issue

vlibertiaux vlibertiaux at gmail.com
Thu Feb 24 17:50:31 EST 2011

Hi David,

Thanks to your good advice, my program is running 4 times faster now !

However, I still have a little problem with the vtkDataSetSurfaceFilter and
vtkPolyDataToImageStencil:

the outmost z values  (0 and 124) of my volume are considered outside the
element and thus affected the background value while they shouldn't.

I checked the PolyData structure and the bounds are the same than the
element's and the PolyDataToImageStencil has the good extent.

I set the Tolerance of the PDTIS to a very low value but it changed nothing.
It is said in the documentation that it is not used in the z direction but
my test element is a regular hexaedron, so there should not be fraction of
voxel in or out to be considered.

Do you have any idea why the top and the bottom of my volume are set to the
background value ?

Best regards,

V.