[vtkusers] possible bug?

Steffen Oeltze stoeltze at isg.cs.uni-magdeburg.de
Fri Feb 4 11:08:54 EST 2011

Hi,

I have created a graph visualization with colored edges. For coloring, I
use a vtkLookupTable which I have set up manually by
SetTableValue(...)-commands. The coloring is accomplished as follows:

...setting up the table <c_lookupTable>
(vtkViewTheme)->SetCellLookupTable(c_lookupTable);
(vtkGraphLayoutView)->ApplyViewTheme(vtkViewTheme);

The initial coloring of the graph edges works perfect. However, my
application is interactive and I would like to change the edge coloring
depending on some user interaction. So, what I do is changing the colors
in the c_lookupTable by  SetTableValue(...)-commands and then, forcing
it to rebuild by calling c_lookupTable->Build(). The table looks perfect
after this step. However, the edge coloring is not updated in the graph.
I tried in vain the following commands to force an update:

c_lookupTable->Modified();
(vtkViewTheme)->SetCellLookupTable(c_lookupTable);
(vtkGraphLayoutView)->ApplyViewTheme(cvtkViewTheme);
(vtkGraphLayoutView)->Render();

An observation I made is that the update works if I create and use a new
vtkLookupTable instead. However, this does not seem to be an option.

Any help on this issue is deeply appreciated.

Best Regards,
Steffen