[vtkusers] Match two meshes without collision

Laurent l.paul at uclouvain.be
Fri Dec 16 04:50:58 EST 2011

That's not what I meant, I d'ont want to match overlapping parts of meshes.
I want to match two surfaces (the moving one is a subpart of a closed mesh)
and check if there is no local minimum id. a wrong positionning of the
subpart.
To do so, I have to prevent the meshes from colliding themselves.
Unfortunatelly, that's what IterativeClosestPoint does since it computes the
distance between meshes whatever it be positive (point is outside the closed
fixed mesh) or negative (point is inside the closed fixed mesh).
I think that the clue is the landmarkTransform used by the
IterativeClosestPoint algo. I have to constraint the transform to put the
moving mesh in the closest outside position to the fixed mesh instead of the
absolute closest position.

I can't remove points that lie inside the fixed mesh since they have to be
involved for the next transform computation to put the moving mesh outside.

Any new idea?
Thx,
Laurent.