[vtkusers] Match two meshes without collision

Laurent l.paul at uclouvain.be
Wed Dec 14 09:52:52 EST 2011

Hi all,

I want to match two meshes. For that, I use the IterativeClosestPoint. It
works well, but can put a part of the moving mesh into the fixed mesh. I
want to prevent that since the meshes shouldn't collide.
I tried removing the "inside" points, but this appoach fails since the
remaining points are correctly positionned.
I also tried to translate the moving mesh in the direction of the deepest
structure of the moving mesh that lies inside the fixed mesh. This is a fake
solution because according to its shape, a part of the moving can re-enter
inside the fixed mesh.
Anyway, I'm looking for a penalty, or a constraint to prevent the moving
mesh from colliding the fixed one.

Thank for your ideas.
Laurent.