[vtkusers] Problems in Using vtkContourFilter to Visualizing

Fan Yang stoneyang0915 at gmail.com
Tue Aug 30 04:16:32 EDT 2011

Hi, all,

I am working the task of visualization of vessel segmentation right now.

I am not sure whether the problems are in the ITK code or in the VTK code,
but the problems occurs when adding vtk classes, so I post my problem here.

I chose itk::CurvesLevelSetImageFilter for segmentation and vtkContourFilter
for visualization. The pipeline are constructed based on the example code of

the level set image filter in the following directory:

    InsightToolkit\Examples\Segmentation\itkCurvesLevelSetImageFilter.cxx

After doing some experiments with single piece of 2D images (in dicom
format),
I modified the example code above to enable 3D reconstruction of the
segmentation results. However, I received the following result in vtk's
render
window:

    http://i1238.photobucket.com/albums/ff483/cdfinder/result1.png

The red blobs are generated in the approximity of the seeds "in" the region
of vessels and are supposed to be two test balloons. But they apparently
appear in the wrong position.

Could anyone give me some advice?

Thanks.

Fan