[vtkusers] simple vtk application

Florian Bruckner e0425375 at gmail.com
Tue Aug 23 06:26:52 EDT 2011

hi, i'm new to vtk and i have a few design questions. I want to write a
simple visualization tool for our data. It should support multiple input
files and different filters for each input file. Each filter then needs
a mapper and an actor, if I understand that correctly. All those things
should be put into an new class asdf_input.

Finally there is an renderer window where the data should be displayed.
So I would add the proper actors from the asdf_input object and add them
to multiple renderers. Then these multiple renderers are added to the
renderer window. All these things are put into another class
asdf_output.

So this is the first plan. But after looking over the vtk class
reference i found vtkView, vtkDataRepresentation, ... and i was
wondering whether there is already something very similar available.

So my question is whether there is already some top-level class
available, which allows to simplify the handling of multiple
input/filters/renderers.

greetings
Florian