[vtkusers] adding values at edge midpoints

Nico Schlömer nico.schloemer at gmail.com
Wed Apr 13 12:36:14 EDT 2011

Hm. I think subdivision
<http://www.vtk.org/Wiki/VTK/Examples/Cxx/Meshes/Subdivision> is not
quite what I was looking for as this increases the number of
triangles.
The use case I have is that there is data that defined only on the
edge midpoints. I thought that was a fairly common thing in fluid
dynamics, for example, where pressure or velocity are given alongside
the edges.

I thought I'd seen something like this in the VTK file format
description, but I may be wrong. It's in the ExodusII description
anyways.

Any more thoughts on this?

--Nico