[vtkusers] 3D mesh from brain atlas slices

Dora Szasz dora.szasz at yahoo.com
Wed Apr 13 04:36:50 EDT 2011

Hello!

I want to make a 3D reconstruction using VTK library, from 2D slices from
a human brain atlas of approximatively 70 slices  (its name is Paxinos 6th
edition). This is actually my primary step in my project. I saw that there is
one scalar algorithm that may help me: Marching Cubes but I'm not sure about
this. I have a global vision about what VTK can do ( I have read VTK_The
Visualization Toolkit An Object Oriented Approach to 3D Graphics, 3rd Edition),
but I can't extract all the features that may possible help me.

Is there anyone that did this before, or some other documentation based on my
problem it will be a great help for me.

So, my general problem is reconstruction of a 3D mesh from a brain atlas slices.
After this reconstruction I would like to can use some brain sections, the ones
affected by Parkinson, and based on a brain signal database, to proccess these
signals (to apply some filters and algorithms already done).

Thank you!