[vtkusers] transparency of cells

Affolter Martin martin.affolter at ntb.ch
Mon Apr 11 02:59:48 EDT 2011

Hello

I wonder if it is possible to change the transparency of individual cells within an actor? Has anyone done this before?

I understand that it is possible to assign different colors per cell (color table) and of course to pick cells with the vtkCellPicker. The reason I'm asking is that we're planning to switch from vtk 4.4 to 5.6, which is only possible if we achieve a decent rendering performance. This can only be done by reducing the number of actors, as suggested by several members of this mailing-list. However, I have to make sure that our interaction-requirements are still fulfilled.

Regards,

Martin Affolter

Interstaatliche Hochschule für Technik Buchs NTB
Institut für Ingenieurinformatik
NTB Campus Waldau St.Gallen
Schönauweg 4 / Postfach
9013 St. Gallen