[vtkusers] vtk surface render so slow

ruan_cpp at sohu.com ruan_cpp at sohu.com
Tue Oct 26 20:33:52 EDT 2010

Hi all,I nead to  accelerate surface renderNow I use vtkImageReder--> vtkMarchingCubes --> vtkDecimatePro --> vtkSmoothPolyDataFilter  to render isosurface from some CT dataset. But it's too slow. If I only use vtkImageReder--> vtkMarchingCubes , it's fast, but the quality of image is not so good. vtkDecimatePro  and vtkSmoothPolyDataFilter fliters takes too much time, does anyone can help me to accelerate rendering while not lose image quality.Another question, what does  vtkMarchingCubes::SetLocator(vtkPointLocator *locator)  do, does it accelerate marchingCubes ???I'm foreigner, maybe not describe the detail problem.