[vtkusers] Collection of possibly obscure readers/writers for VTK

David Gobbi david.gobbi at gmail.com
Thu Oct 21 16:57:06 EDT 2010

Hi All,

I have a few readers/writers for VTK that I am planning to add to
VTK's IO directory if there are no strong objections.  These classes
are well-tested and fit the VTK style guidelines:

First up are ones that handle file formats developed by folks at the
Brain Imaging Centre at the Montreal Neurological Institute:

vtkMNITransformReader/Writer - reads and writes their transform files
for vtkTransform, vtkThinPlateSplineTransform, and vtkGridTransform
vtkMNIObjectReader/Writer - reads their mesh files i.e. this is yet
another polydata reader

Next is a trivial image format that is used by some folks for
small-animal imaging:

vtkVFFImageReader/Writer

Finally, I have a reader/writer for the Mayo Analyze image format.
This one isn't ready to be committed to VTK, it needs cleanup and it
also needs a lot of testing because there are many variations of the
Analyze format out there in the wild.  But if anyone is interested, I
can make it available.

  David