[vtkusers] How to cut and flat a volumedata with an spline

Bill Lorensen bill.lorensen at gmail.com
Wed Oct 20 14:45:20 EDT 2010

I did this many years ago. This is what I recall...

I would use the RuledSurfaceFilter to create a surface between two
splines. I assume you have one spline. You can use
vtkTransformPolyDataFilter to create a second spline translated from
the first.  The original and translated splines will be the input to
the ruled surface filter. Then I would use vtkProbeFilter to sample
the imagedata with the ruled surface The input will be the output of
the RuledSurface filter, the Source will be the image data.

See how that works, then we can attack the flattening issue.

Bill