[vtkusers] [Graph] Representing size of weights with edges between vertices

Henry henryusp at gmail.com
Mon Oct 18 21:55:28 EDT 2010

I wonder what is the best strategy to plot a graph that has to represent
similar texts. Each vertex is a text, and each edge is how far one is from
another text. The shorter the distance, the texts are more similar. Thus, a
graph that represents good these distances exhibit several separate groups
of vertices well separated in space. With that I could identify easily texts
similar.
I tried to use some strategies like:

strategy = vtkForceDirectedLayoutStrategy()
and
strategy = vtkSimple2DLayoutStrategy()

As I do not know how they work, and if there are other ways to do better
what I want, I'm here writing.

Is there any way to visually represent the weights in a graph? So that the
edges with larger weights get bigger and the edges of smaller weights them
smaller, visually...
Any suggestions on how to do something? If I use
vtkForceDirectedLayoutStrategy (), some vertex groups are formed. They are
well formed in this context? It seemed to me that, but I do not know how
well the graph left. I did some tests to identify the vertices together and
they were really like. But the edges do not represent the weight, just show
a number indicating the weight.

Thank you,
Henry

PS I'm using Python to do this work.